Print Thread
SUPERMAN REBOOT IDEAS & RUMORS
a young tony curtis
IMDB has Michael Clarke Duncan in the cast list as DARKSEID!!!!!

Hypoxic,take a deep breath.

Probably just Bulltish though?
 
Hypoxic

>a young tony curtis wrote:


IMDB has Michael Clarke Duncan in the cast list as DARKSEID!!!!!

Hypoxic,take a deep breath.

Probably just Bulltish though?


Lord Darkseid despises lies. He is not pleased.

[img]http://www.comicwallpapers.co.uk/images/main/DC%20Comics/Countdown/1280960/darkseid_638.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
suttie7

>Hypoxic wrote:


>a young tony curtis wrote:


IMDB has Michael Clarke Duncan in the cast list as DARKSEID!!!!!

Hypoxic,take a deep breath.

Probably just Bulltish though?


Lord Darkseid despises lies. He is not pleased.

[img]http://www.comicwallpapers.co.uk/images/main/DC%20Comics/Countdown/1280960/darkseid_638.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.


Don't panic, there is no way there is time in this movie for Origin story, Zod and Darkseid, or any other main villain for that matter. It's an origin story and Zod. Nothing else.

IMO Smile
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
suttie7
Based on what we have seen from set pics, plus rumours etc, I have put together the undisputed story for Man of Steel. Here it is ;

The movie starts with young Clark, high school clark suffering illnesses. He goes to hospital and sneezes, blowing all the windows out. He knows he is different but Ma and Pa Kent havent told him why yet. Soon after, near graduating high school, the school bus goes off the bridge and Clark is in it. He saves the bus but is spotted by Lana Lang, similar to TAS. Not knowing his place in the world, and being frustrated at being different but not knowing what to do with his powers, Clark leaves Smallville for a small Alaskan fishing village. He tries to lie low but that doesn't work when accidents happen. Clark, now in his beard as he tries to blend in, saves lives when a big fire at a plant erupts and he helps people escape onto a helicopter. He also puts out the fire. Lois Lane, a daily planet reporter, hears stories about some mythical 'super-hero" who walked through fire and saved people. She comes to visit. She even meets with Clark but doesn't spend enough time with him to know his name, and won't recognise him down the track due to his beard. Clark has tried to stay out of the limelight but cannot escape it. He realises he must find out why he has powers and where he came from.

Clark returns to Smallville and talks things over with Ma and Pa Kent. He has, around his neck, some kryptonian heritage which he has never used. (somehow) he activates this and it may become a fortress of solitude, or like the tablet in birthright. At this point, Jor-El appears and tells Clark why he is on Earth. He tells him about Krypton blowing up and about its history. He tells of his fight with Zod(we see this all through a flashback sequence), who was previously a warrior General but ended up an enemy of the council, with Jor-El having to arrest him and banish him to the phantom zone. Clark learns he is Kal-El and must use his powers for good, to help people.

At this point, Superman announces himself to the world through some huge save. (hopefully even better than the plane in SR). Most people love him immediately but the military is cautious of this alien, who is invulnerable. They want to control him, in case he goes "evil".
Before long, Zod and Faora escape from the phantom zone and come to earth. They arrive in Smallville because they tracked Clarks ship there. Zod wants to find peace following the long Krypton war, so he blends in to society. However, he and Faora don't like earth and humans and so decide to try to take over earth. Sometime about now, Zod finds Superman/Kal-El and tell him that they could all rule earth with their powers. Superman has a moral dilemma because he thinks that is wrong, but Zod is his only link to Krypton so he is drawn to Zod and tries to befriend him. However, Zod finds out that Superman in also living as Clark Kent and this annoys Zod because the humans are inferior in his view. He goes to the Kent house and starts to destroy it. He kills Jonathon while doing this. Zod has shown his powers to Earth, and the military come after him and Faora. Obviously, they are no match and Zod destroys the US army with ease.

The military now decide Superman is also a risk because he and Zod have the same powers and are both aliens, so high ranking military men devise a plan to kill Superman. Meanwhile, Superman finds out about his dad and gets really angry, confronting Zod. They have a huge showdown in Smallville, destroying the town as they fight. At the end, Zod tells Superman he can join him and rule earth, or he can die. Zod and Faora leave and Superman has the big decision to make. He consoles Ma Kent after the loss of Jonathon and Superman plots his next move. The fighting then moves to Metropolis as Zod attacks. They have a huge fight there with Superman eventually finding a way to send Zod back to the PZ. At the end of the movie, Clark decides he must be half human, half superman and gets a job at the daily planet. He rides his bike to work, meets Lois again but she doesnt recognise him from alaska. It ends with Luthor making a behind-closed-door deal with the military to provide technology to control superman, which will set up metallo for the sequel. There will also be a reference to Brainiac, but im not sure how that will play out.

What do you think? Smile

Edited by Hypoxic on 30/10/2011 21:02


His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
Hypoxic

>suttie7 wrote:


Based on what we have seen from set pics, plus rumours etc, I have put together the undisputed story for Man of Steel. Here it is ;...


Please note that I edited your post by adding paragraphs. I didn't change any content. Please add paragraphs to longer posts as it makes it easier to read. Thanks.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
suttie7

>Hypoxic wrote:


>suttie7 wrote:


Based on what we have seen from set pics, plus rumours etc, I have put together the undisputed story for Man of Steel. Here it is ;...


Please note that I edited your post by adding paragraphs. I didn't change any content. Please add paragraphs to longer posts as it makes it easier to read. Thanks.


No problem, thanks for that
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
Hypoxic

>suttie7 wrote:


>Hypoxic wrote:


>suttie7 wrote:


Based on what we have seen from set pics, plus rumours etc, I have put together the undisputed story for Man of Steel. Here it is ;...


Please note that I edited your post by adding paragraphs. I didn't change any content. Please add paragraphs to longer posts as it makes it easier to read. Thanks.


No problem, thanks for that


Sure thing. Just doing my job.
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor
 
suttie7

>Hypoxic wrote:


>suttie7 wrote:


Based on what we have seen from set pics, plus rumours etc, I have put together the undisputed story for Man of Steel. Here it is ;...


Please note that I edited your post by adding paragraphs. I didn't change any content. Please add paragraphs to longer posts as it makes it easier to read. Thanks.


So what did you think anyway?(of my story theory, not my lack of paragraphing skills that is)
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
STKal83
Suttie7

I just read that analysis, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm in agreement with the whole story, except I think that Lois will have a bigger role in the movie, along with The Daily Planet stuff too.

-S.
 
suttie7

>STKal83 wrote:


Suttie7

I just read that analysis, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm in agreement with the whole story, except I think that Lois will have a bigger role in the movie, along with The Daily Planet stuff too.

-S.


Thanks Smile I agree that Lois will be in it more, but it's hard to write exactly what she will be doing. Maybe she will just have most of her scenes in the DP telling Perry about this "mystery man" who makes all these amazing saves at various places. Perry tells her she is an ambitious lunatic(haha) but she persists with it and eventually is proven right when Superman shows himself. Apart from that, i dont know.
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
Certainshades

>suttie7 wrote:


>STKal83 wrote:


Suttie7

I just read that analysis, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm in agreement with the whole story, except I think that Lois will have a bigger role in the movie, along with The Daily Planet stuff too.

-S.


Thanks Smile I agree that Lois will be in it more, but it's hard to write exactly what she will be doing. Maybe she will just have most of her scenes in the DP telling Perry about this "mystery man" who makes all these amazing saves at various places. Perry tells her she is an ambitious lunatic(haha) but she persists with it and eventually is proven right when Superman shows himself. Apart from that, i dont know.



I agree that Lois's role is a mystery.

Personally, maybe I'm alone in this, but I would kind of love it if Lois was sort of "tracking" Clark across the globe. In fact, I would sort of love it if the first time they meet he looks like the bearded yeti in the fishing village and then he shows up Metropolis months later clean-shaven and in his "Clark" persona because I feel the potential for hilarious/sexy and fresh takes on their relationship from that perspective are all there.

We know that Lois was filming scenes in the "Alaskan fishing village" just like Cavill was. I think there is a decent chance that Lois is tracking a story or that she is actually tracking CLARK. What I mean is....if Clark is saving people or performing incredible feats in secret I think it's possible that she's basically on his tail the whole time and I think it's possible that they are going to meet in the fishing village before he officially joins the Daily Planet.

Zach Snyder has said that Lois is the "lynchpin" of the narrative. We have no idea what that means. But I also think it's possible that as she did in Birthright and Secret Origins (and on Lois and Clark and Smallville) that Lois will be the person who puts her neck out in support of Superman if and when the government or public turns against him.

Remember, in Birthright, LOIS was the one who basically told Superman that she was going to do everything in her power to make sure that the public knew that the S symbol was a symbol for Superman and for hope and that no one would ever doubt that again if she could help it. Having her be that person who sticks her neck out for Superman is one of the most central elements of the modern mythos. I think it's very possible that that will be her "lynchpin' role in the film.

And...I'm just throwing this out there....I want the first "kiss" in this Superman franchise to be between Lois and CLARK and not Lois and Superman. I want Lois to be drawn to Superman as she ALWAYS IS because she knows he is a good man and a symbol of hope for a dark world. But I really, really want to see the first attraction/kiss whatever to be between Lois and Clark in this reboot.
 
truemiracle12

>Certainshades wrote:


>suttie7 wrote:


>STKal83 wrote:


Suttie7

I just read that analysis, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm in agreement with the whole story, except I think that Lois will have a bigger role in the movie, along with The Daily Planet stuff too.

-S.


Thanks Smile I agree that Lois will be in it more, but it's hard to write exactly what she will be doing. Maybe she will just have most of her scenes in the DP telling Perry about this "mystery man" who makes all these amazing saves at various places. Perry tells her she is an ambitious lunatic(haha) but she persists with it and eventually is proven right when Superman shows himself. Apart from that, i dont know.



I agree that Lois's role is a mystery.

Personally, maybe I'm alone in this, but I would kind of love it if Lois was sort of "tracking" Clark across the globe. In fact, I would sort of love it if the first time they meet he looks like the bearded yeti in the fishing village and then he shows up Metropolis months later clean-shaven and in his "Clark" persona because I feel the potential for hilarious/sexy and fresh takes on their relationship from that perspective are all there.

We know that Lois was filming scenes in the "Alaskan fishing village" just like Cavill was. I think there is a decent chance that Lois is tracking a story or that she is actually tracking CLARK. What I mean is....if Clark is saving people or performing incredible feats in secret I think it's possible that she's basically on his tail the whole time and I think it's possible that they are going to meet in the fishing village before he officially joins the Daily Planet.

Zach Snyder has said that Lois is the "lynchpin" of the narrative. We have no idea what that means. But I also think it's possible that as she did in Birthright and Secret Origins (and on Lois and Clark and Smallville) that Lois will be the person who puts her neck out in support of Superman if and when the government or public turns against him.

Remember, in Birthright, LOIS was the one who basically told Superman that she was going to do everything in her power to make sure that the public knew that the S symbol was a symbol for Superman and for hope and that no one would ever doubt that again if she could help it. Having her be that person who sticks her neck out for Superman is one of the most central elements of the modern mythos. I think it's very possible that that will be her "lynchpin' role in the film.

And...I'm just throwing this out there....I want the first "kiss" in this Superman franchise to be between Lois and CLARK and not Lois and Superman. I want Lois to be drawn to Superman as she ALWAYS IS because she knows he is a good man and a symbol of hope for a dark world. But I really, really want to see the first attraction/kiss whatever to be between Lois and Clark in this reboot.


Those are really great ideas, @Certainshades! This is definitely a direction I can see this fresh take on Superman going in.

I think a really interesting thing to do would be that Clark's true identity is revealed to Lois and she promises to help him keep his cover in the Daily Planet. It could really create an even greater bond between the characters.
 
Made of Steel
That'd be epic. If she does find I out I really want her to find out on her own and keep it to herself sort of like in Smallville. I thought having her put two and two together was a great modern take on the Superman/Lois/Clark love triangle.

This is getting me pumped for the movie Grin
[img]http://oi55.tinypic.com/2cg0a2r.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

__

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."--Jor-El
 
suttie7
I think me and certain shades should write the sequel Smile hahaha

I think you're right about Lois. I definitely didn't include her enough, it was a bit of a mystery to me at the time, maybe because there is so much other stuff going on that I didnt know how they were going to fit such a big part of Lois in there. Also, you mentioned Birthright, in Earth One Lois was vital to Superman in the end and why CK ended up working at the Daily Planet. I think you're right that she will be like Superman's virtual public relations promoter and really support Superman and "sell" him to the public as a saviour, which will be hard work possibly after the military want to rid the world of aliens after Zod destroys them.(pure speculation, of course)
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
suttie7
I couldnt see where else to write it, but after reading the interview with Richard Schiff aka Dr Emil Hamilton, I was very encouraged. In case you didn't read the full interview, he didn't agree to be in the movie until he could read the script. WB said No so he said he wouldnt do the movie. So then WB said OK, read it. So he read the script and then decided to do the movie. To me, that is a really good sign for the script. He wouldn't get involved if he didn't think it was a good script and potentially a very good movie, in fact at one time said he thinks it will be spectacular. I know these guys have to talk up the movie-its part of the job-but the fact is he signed on to do the movie only after reading the script.

That makes me happy Smile
His name is Kal-El. He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman.
 
JR1989
http://splashpage...eel-photo/
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"
 
SupermanManOfSteel
I'm Glad They Are Going To Have Zod As The Villian
You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son.
 
Lois

>SupermanManOfSteel wrote:


I'm Glad They Are Going To Have Zod As The Villian

Me too Wink

That's super Grin
Read my mind.
 
robert morrison
MAN OF STEEL SPOILERS

Scene 11: Int Central Hub-Underwater-VFX
Number five (Jor-El) swims up to the central hub, retrieves Codex, alarms go off, dives back under

scene 25: Ext House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 11 (Lara) touches number 5's (Russell Crowe) armor, where someone's sword went through, an energy lance

Scene 17-1: Int House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 5 dons armor, energy lance, Kelex, sounds of Attack

Scene 16-1: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and ? .. Kelex and ? comes through the doors into birthing room

Scene 16-2 thru - 16-7: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and 11 say goodbye to baby number 1

Scene 16-8: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
#46 placed on table ... Codex infused into number 46's heart

Scene 181-2: Int House Of El-Observatory (Flashback)-VFX
Number 5 triggers blue ...begins which penetrates number 46's heart

Scene 16-9 thru - 16-13: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 46 pod closes and goes into air

Scene 19-1 & 19-2: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
High Shot ...number 5 and 11 watch from below

Edited by robert morrison on 30/03/2012 21:21


"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
 
LovelyLanaLang

>SupermanManOfSteel wrote:


I'm Glad They Are Going To Have Zod As The Villian


ditto
[img]http://1979semifinalist.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/supergirl36.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
 
Jump to Forum: