Print Thread
Brainac Casting
AKalel
If they are to indeed have Brainac in the new movie who do you think would be the best to play him? I think it would be real neat if the same person who plays him could borrow a page from next gen and have the same actor to play him would be the same to play Jor-el ala Dr. Soong and his androids.

Angeloz
Isn't Marlon Brando dead so it'd be a slight problem.

Angeloz

AKalel
true but they could make brainac a creation/invention of a younger jor-el that took place before the first chris reeve flick and that brainac could of been some sort of probe/satelite sent out to gather information either on the galaxy krypton was in or the solar system krypton was in but before it could come back krypton exploded. after all jorel was a scientist.

copacetic
Ideally, Brainiac shouldn't even be his name to begin with. It should be a Kryptonian name. Brainiac should be a name given to him by people on Earth; Jimmy could say it "sounds like a real brainiac" when it is explained how it works.

Agreed. As to who plays him if it is obviously an Android that doesn't look human it would be great to have him voiced by James Earl Jones.

AKalel
I am thinking Brainac not called that but to borrow a page from Star Trek could be a damaged probe or a probe picked up by a non Eartyh or Kryptonian race or human and because of the vast amount of info it has gathered it is renamed Brainac or something similar so when it gets to Earth the human/English trenslation could be Brainac cause now one on Earth can speak the language of the race that picked it up. As for voice thats ben done but if you want to voice Brainac how about someone with a similar kind of cool voice like Lawrence Fishburne or Patrick Stewart.

copacetic
I have a great idea. Brainiac could "inhabit" a body, but would need to mechanize it a little in order for it to be fully functional for its purposes (just flesh and bones would prove too vulnerable and useless to Brainiac). As an added bonus, he could be powered by a Kryptonite heart, so that Kal-El could be rendered weak when approached. After Brainiac is done with the body in one way or another, its owner could regain consciousness, and basically freak out at his appearance. We basically set the stage for Metallo right there.

I would like to see Hugo Weaving play Brainac. Human or robot.

copacetic
superman34 wrote:
I would like to see Hugo Weaving play Brainac. Human or robot.

That would be pretty cool. It would be a little bit of typecasting, but not bad.

Unfortunatly he was typecasted the minute he played Agent Smith but it would do nicely.

Angeloz
What about him in "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" ? Pfft

Angeloz

Eck horrible movie though he was great in LOTR.

Angeloz
I meant shouldn't he be a transvestite if typecasted? Wink

Angeloz

adamatomic41
copacetic wrote:
Jimmy could say it "sounds like a real brainiac" when it is explained how it works.

Doesn't the term "brainiac" come from the character?

copacetic
adamatomic41 wrote:
copacetic wrote:
Jimmy could say it "sounds like a real brainiac" when it is explained how it works.

Doesn't the term "brainiac" come from the character?

Yeah, but thats the comics. To hear someone refer to themselves as "Brainiac" on the movie screen, with a straight face, would be way silly. Campy even? Perhaps. I just think it would be cooler if Brainiac has a Kryptonian name, and is given the name Brainiac on Earth. Kal-El didn't start calling himself Superman, he was given that by the press/humans/whatever.

Thats just me though.

Angeloz wrote:
I meant shouldn't he be a transvestite if typecasted? Wink

Angeloz

LOL you got me.

AKalel
but they could be a mental patient in effected by a alien ai who calls himself brainac.

Hypoxic
If Brainiac gets a primary CGI look or goes the way of Darth Vader, how about Arthur Burghardt as the voice actor?
Easy, miss. I've got you.
_____

Get away from me, padre. You reek of the irrational. - Lex Luthor

RouthFan1
Has anyone seen the latest Harry Potter movie? I think if Rafe Fines as Voldemort (main villian) was awesome and as shown in the Hannibal Lector prequel Red Dragon can play an incredibly calculating villian.
Verisimillitude

Hypoxic wrote:
If Brainiac gets a primary CGI look or goes the way of Darth Vader, how about Arthur Burghardt as the voice actor?

Who?

Jump to Forum: