Print Thread
Superman returns 2 disc soundtrack.. part 2
EMM622
hey guys

just letting you all know that i got the extended soundtrack in the mail today and have listened to it. i know that some of you are iffy on getting it and waiting for me with the results. and the results are... its the real deal guys. i opened it up and could not wait to hear it. crystal clear, sounds perfect. just as good as the soundtrack but with more music. lots more music. im not as good at reviewing Superman stuff like steve and neil and all. but if you love superman scores. or a soundtrack lover. then this is a must have. very very well worth it. awesome awesome! all the tracks in complete order as were in the movie!!! i say again. crystal clear tracks. nice! Superman Central i dunno how you did it maybe i dont wanna know. but i know that i am very pleased! and im sure whoever goes with my advise will be pleased also!.

"dont thank me we're all apart of the same team, night"

Eddie

Artemis
Can you tell me exactly what its called? Is the complete score? Or just extended edition?
Thanks!Grin
~Artemis

OMG.

I was so disapointed at the standard soundtrack: no end credits after the fly away, no plane rescue and fanfare as the crowd cheers etc.

Although, i managed to find and download the plane landing track on limewire, the scene where he stops the plane, for reference.

Itd be good to get hold of it.

Artemis
Ok, so I jumped the gun and got the SR 2 disc special edition soundtrack. (can be impatient) Hopefully its the right one!! Its the only 2 disc SR. There are other 2 discs CD's, but they are not SR.
~Artemis

EMM622
artemis.

u say you jumped the gun. good job. it is the right one. Superman Returns 2 disc special edition soundtrack

Supermans curl.
i agree the only reason why i brought the standard
soundtrack was for the tracks, rough flight, when he lands the plane and the fanfare. only rough flight was on the disc. now i have everysong in the movie!. get it im tellin ya. ull be happy. and i realized that the fanfare is the same as when jor-el speaks to clark and gives him the whole speech about "for this reason above all i give them you my only son" then superman (reeve's) flys off. again its the same song only a little extra at the end. i listen to that track like a like 200 times in the past day and a half since i have had it. i hope you get it. :-)

"Dont thank me we're all apart of the same team.. night"

Eddie

Artemis
u say you jumped the gun. good job. it is the right one. Superman Returns 2 disc special edition soundtrack

For anyone who is curious, I couldn't find it anywhere except on ebay. I got it from a seller who has 39 left. It was 19.94 I think. Less than 25 after shipping.Grin I got an email saying it was already shipped! I just paid early this am! Hopefully it will come fast!
~Artemis

EMM622
if you read a few posts down where i wrote about the soundtrack before. someone put the link to the website Superman Central. u can click on it and all the info is there.

thank u all this is the first ive heard of an extended score. i to was dissapointedwith the other version of the score as i was looking forward to ottmans version of the krypton theme(i hope its on the exten cd). am off to ebay now no way will i find it here.cheers

Da Puertorican
Well, I'm following EMM622 on faith, and just went to www.supermancentr... and bought the CD. I assume it's pretty safe since the method of payment is PayPal, so if any problems happen I can just report them.

Just in case, to play it safe, I didn't follow the link on their invoice, I went directly to paypal.com and there inside my account I looked for the invoice.
"I am Kal-El of Krypton. It is time to fulfill my destiny".
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/DaPuertorican/DPRsignature.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

"I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you big man? What we have here is rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I REALLY AM!"

OddlySurreal
This cannot be legal...

Artemis
Well, I'm following EMM622 on faith, and just went to www.supermancentr... and

Call me lazy, but that was too much of a pain. At least with ebay I was able to buy/pay instantly. No emailing anyone or waiting for a response. I know where its coming from here in the US, so I know about how long it will take. I know it was shipped yesterday. Lets see who gets theirs first!Grin Damned Americans and their need for Instant Gratification!!Pfft
~Artemis

Bibliomike
This cannot be legal...

Agreed -- it doesn't look legit to me, and certainly not if the only place you can find it is on eBay. Don't support piracy of intellectual property!

Artemis
Agreed -- it doesn't look legit to me, and certainly not if the only place you can find it is on eBay. Don't support piracy of intellectual property!

Not so Sure. The Collectors Edition couldn't be found at any seller either. Just eBay and private Amazon sellers. They may have just released a limited amount, just like the Box Set. Not sure how something that never existed could be pirated? Where would they get the Music?
~Artemis

Angeloz
Back of a truck?

Angeloz

Artemis
Back of a truck?

Lol. Not the Cd's. The actual scores.
~Artemis

OddlySurreal
Artemis wrote:

Not so Sure. The Collectors Edition couldn't be found at any seller either. Just eBay and private Amazon sellers. They may have just released a limited amount, just like the Box Set. Not sure how something that never existed could be pirated? Where would they get the Music?

I'm sure there are ways it could be done.

The quality of the packaging is a dead giveaway. There is no way that a package design so dreadfully tacky-looking could possibly be legal. Even if it was released in limited supply, it would not look that terrible. It just screams "pirated" to me.

EDIT: Also, I remember seeing the traditional title design in some fan art.

Edited by OddlySurreal on 19/02/2007 22:50

Artemis
The quality of the packaging is a dead giveaway. There is no way that a package design so dreadfully tacky-looking could possibly be legal. Even if it was released in limited supply, it would not look that terrible. It just screams "pirated" to me.

Wait? So did you get one? Its actually that bad? Or are you speaking generally? I will let you know what mine looks like when it gets here. You guys are making me feel guilty and I didn't even get it yet!
~Artemis

Angeloz
You could do some Hail Mary's and throw in some Lord's Prayers if you're religious Artemis. The Catholics do that as penance. I doubt it's a guilt thing but the Hari Krishna's say Hari Krishna a lot. If you're non-religious you could make up some Hail Superman's instead as penance. OK that's me joking about guilt and penance I hope people aren't offended.

Pfft Wink

Angeloz

Artemis
OK that's me joking about guilt and penance I hope people aren't offended.

lol. I am not Catholoc, but I am a believer in God. Hopefully the fact that I also believe in Superman and Santa doesn't illegitimize that fact. But I do! Just beling a Christian means I don't have to do anything to be forgiven. I just AM. So if this turns out to be a bad pirated copy I will just make everyone aware. Should a seller like this be reported? Maybe I should leave appropriate feedback? I didn't buy it knowing it was not legal. I was decieved I tell you, deceived!!
~Artemis

Angeloz
Well if it is illegal they should have a legal version. I mean people want to do the right thing but if it's not made available it's ridiculous. I've waited a long time for so many DVDs (over two years since some of them were released in region 1; others less than that) . Still waiting. Grrr.

Angeloz

Jump to Forum: